Construction Administrator, Summit, NJ
Saxum Real Estate, one of the fastest growing real estate investment and development firms in the country, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Construction Administrator. Ideal for the professional with 2+ years of experience in who is interested in a range of project types and looking to work with a lean and dynamic firm that is passionate about making an impact on the built environment. The person who fills this important position will report to and work directly with Saxum’s senior management and participate in all phases of the construction process across multiple verticals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work daily with Project Managers through all phases of design and construction, from due diligence through construction administration. Project types include mixed-use multi-family, commercial, and industrial.
- Project coordination between general contractor, architect, owner and subcontractors.
- Manage contract documents: drawings, contracts, change orders, RFIs, submittals, etc.
- Write contracts and change orders.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Support project realization by tracking deliverables, assisting with selecting and specifying materials, coordinating samples, and communicating with third party partners.
- Contribute to the pre-construction phase of projects and generate program documents.
- Assist with research, sourcing products or resources for projects as needed.
- Perform research as necessary, participate in site visits and walkthroughs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in construction administration.
- Knowledgeable about construction terminology, building technologies, construction methods, details, codes and specifications.
- Knowledge of OSHA construction workplace regulations.
- Proficiency in Procore, Autocad, Newforma, Revita plus.
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to be proactive and work independently.
- Outstanding work ethic and a true team player who has a collaborative, flexible nature and an interest in working across verticals.
- Analytical thinker capable of handling multiple projects in various phases simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
This is an outstanding career development opportunity for the right person. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is passionate about creating work that makes an impact. Salary commensurate with experience plus full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Saxum Real Estate is a privately-held investment and development firm with offices in NJ, TX and PA. Saxum has built a best-in-class investment management firm rooted in its entrepreneurial and creative spirit. Built upon a dynamic vertically-integrated platform, Saxum uses its unique talents and resources to create innovative real estate investment strategies. Saxum’s development pipeline and projects are national in scale including industrial, multifamily, office, mixed-use and student housing asset classes ranging from adaptive reuse to ground-up development. The firm includes 25 professionals with an investment portfolio exceeding 6 million square feet across 35 assets and totaling over $1 billion in investment capitalizations. www.saxumre.com