Director of Development – Industrial
Saxum Real Estate, one of the fastest growing real estate investment and development firms in the country, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director of Development for its Industrial vertical. Ideal for the professional with 7+ years of experience in industrial real estate who is looking for a leadership opportunity and continued skill development within a lean and dynamic firm that is passionate about making an impact on the built environment. The person who fills this important position will report to and work directly with Saxum’s senior management and participate in all phases of the construction process.
The Director of Development – Industrial will drive the vision and execution of the industrial portfolio for Saxum. This individual will serve as the ultimate point of accountability for the site strategy, execution and financial performance of the industrial portfolio, which includes Saxum’s current and future investments under acquisition and development within the Industrial vertical. He/She will be responsible for executing all phases of portfolio generation including development, geographical selection and site acquisition.
- Serve as the industrial “face” of Saxum internally and externally across multiple groups.
- Be accountable for investments under Saxum’s existing and future industrial acquisition and development sites and properties.
- Direct the analysis of target industrial markets and identify market trends that may lead to strategic opportunities for Saxum.
- Work with Acquisitions team on underwriting potential deals and approve leasing assumptions.
- Directly call on and develop relationships with owners, brokers, tenants and other critical industry contacts.
- Understand the markets the assets are located in, specifically the latest market statistics, trends and competitive set.
- Assist in capital raising efforts and growing capital partners with a focus on, but not limited to, the Industrial investment portfolio.
- Meet with local brokers to keep abreast of real-time changes to market dynamics.
- Work with Leasing team to hire and work with local leasing brokers to fill vacancies within the portfolio.
- Oversee all capital improvements and building expansions.
- Travel to all markets and buildings within the portfolio.
- Geographical home office location flexible depending on the project alignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant real estate experience.
- Deep experience within the Industrial sector a requirement.
- Strong track record of investment success in executing, managing and exiting industrial real estate property investments.
- Detail orientation down to the asset level. Must be able to critically analyze commercial leases, development plans, etc.
- Strong leadership, business management and business building experience.
- Demonstrated interest and experience as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Experienced and comfortable in a fiduciary role.
- Experienced and comfortable in a leadership role.
- Excellent network of contacts throughout the industrial real estate sector.
- Well connected to the market with extensive knowledge of real estate trends.
- Bright, analytical, quick thinker who can assimilate and synthesize complex information to identify trends and patterns of business, financial and legal issues.
- Strong financial, real estate development budgeting, underwriting, structuring, documentation and negotiating skills, and a thorough understanding of investment and risk-return implications.
- Sound business judgment and risk management skills.
- People management and team development experience.
This is an outstanding career development opportunity for the right candidate. Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Saxum Real Estate is a privately-held investment and development firm with offices in NJ, TX and PA. Saxum has built a best-in-class investment management firm rooted in its entrepreneurial and creative spirit. Built upon a dynamic vertically-integrated platform, Saxum uses its unique talents and resources to create innovative real estate investment strategies. Saxum’s development pipeline and projects are national in scale including industrial, multifamily, office, mixed-use and student housing asset classes ranging from adaptive reuse to ground-up development. The firm includes 25 professionals with an investment portfolio exceeding 6 million square feet across 35 assets and totaling over $1 billion in investment capitalizations. www.saxumre.com