Saxum Real Estate, one of the fastest growing private real estate investment and development firms in the nation, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Junior Counsel. Ideal for the professional with strong foundational experience looking for career development in a lean, entrepreneurial, fast-growing firm. The person who fills this important position will work directly with the firm’s General Counsel and Associate General Counsel and will focus on real estate acquisitions, joint ventures, fund formation, financing and disposition transactions, leasing, corporate governance, compliance and general operational matters. As a Junior Counsel, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on local and national projects and other matters as part of an internal team, as well as with outside counsel. In addition, there will be significant opportunities to take a leading role and work independently on various projects.
Please apply to email@example.com
- 1-2 years of real estate transactional experience with a large law firm managing a high-volume caseload
- Fluency with fundamentals of real estate and corporate transactions, in particular with respect to structuring and documenting transactions
- Knowledge and experience drafting and preparing a myriad of contracts, leases, and other legal forms and documents
- Experience and ability in handling real estate, joint venture, commercial and financing transactions, from term sheet through closing
- Ability to lead transactions for the legal team, taking ownership of tasks and following through to completion as a regular practice
- Familiarity with and knowledge of general corporate organizational requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral, listening, and organizational skills with proven ability to interact effectively with varied audiences, including executive team members and deal counterparties
- Eager to learn and grow a career with an exciting and rapidly expanding vertically integrated real estate investor and developer
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Able to think critically, be proactive, and solve problems quickly
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Law degree and member in good standing admitted to practice law, preferably in New Jersey and / or Texas (or will need to be willing to be admitted as in-house counsel in New Jersey and / or Texas)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist legal department on all aspects of the firm’s transactions
- Acquisition, financing and disposition transactions:
- Taking a significant role in the negotiation and documentation of transactions, and coordination of closings
- Coordinating with outside counsel and internal team members to ensure efficient communication and execution
- Performing due diligence, including title, survey, zoning, lease, service contracts, and third-party report review
- Draft, review and revise various legal documents and contracts including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Service Agreements, leases, purchase and sale agreements, access agreements, etc.
- Assist in the negotiation, drafting and documenting of joint venture agreements
- Assist with maintaining corporate records of affiliated companies; maintain property ownership records
- This is a hybrid remote position required to regularly be in-person in our Summit, NJ office from Tuesday-Thursday
This is an outstanding career development opportunity for the right candidate. Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Please send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saxum Real Estate is a vertically-integrated investment and development firm with offices in NJ and TX whose current pipeline extends across multiple property types. Saxum’s portfolio capitalizations surpass $2BN, and include over 2,600,000 SF of ground-up cold storage development, and 1,400 multifamily rental units. Our development pipeline totals over $700 million in project capitalization across multifamily, student housing, cold storage and industrial asset classes ranging from value-add to ground-up development.