Vice President of Asset Management | Multifamily
The role of the VP of Asset Management is to drive the overall performance of a portfolio of institutional quality multi-family assets to the highest level possible. The Asset Manager serves as the ultimate point of accountability for the financial performance of the portfolio.
- Oversee third-party management and leasing relationships to drive results
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss of individual assets in a portfolio
- Work with property managers on daily operations of the building
- Oversee all capital improvements and building expansions
- Travel to all markets and buildings in portfolio. Tour the property to assess condition, level of use and occupancy, and any obvious capital needs.
- Understand the markets the assets are in, specifically the latest market statistics, trends and competitive set. Meet with local brokers to keep abreast of real time changes to market dynamics.
- Report on the performance of each asset with a comparison to budget and underwriting; make hold/sell recommendations
- Prepare annual property budgets and business plans. Collaborate on leasing strategies.
- Work with acquisitions on underwriting potential deals
- Regular and varied communication with JV partners (reporting, budgets, market intel). Requires occasional travel.
- Conduct regular calls with operating partners to monitor operational performance of properties
- Support disposition process
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills to assess operational and investment performance
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience reviewing and negotiating real estate documents
- Financial analysis experience required
- Minimum five years of institutional multi-family real estate experience
- Experience managing and leading teams of real estate professionals
- Travel component to position is 30-50%.
- Hybrid work schedule of 3 days per week in the office
Saxum Real Estate is a vertically-integrated investment and development firm with offices in NJ and TX whose current pipeline extends across multiple property types. Saxum’s portfolio capitalizations surpass $2BN, and include over 2,600,000 SF of ground-up cold storage development, and 1,400 multifamily rental units. Our development pipeline totals over $700 million in project capitalization across multifamily, student housing, cold storage and industrial asset classes ranging from value-add to ground-up development.